Friday 2 October 2020

Indie Games News/Previews #16

Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World by ININ Games / G-Choice (2021) - PS4, Switch

Fans of Westone's spiffing Wonder Boy series must have already been ultra-happy with the revival the series has had over the last few years, and apparently it's not over yet! Joining the original Wonder Boy and Wonder Boy 3 remakes is this, a remake of Monster World IV which was originally only released in Japan for the MegaDrive and starred a young girl named Asha rather than our usual hero. Some members of the original Wonder Boy dev team are working on it and, while there doesn't seem to be much in the way of info or screenshots yet, there is a trailer as below. I'm not 100% sure I like the visual style but I'm confident it will a great game regardless. Release is planned for early 2021 and will apparently be available only for PS4 and Switch, although I would imagine a PC version will also be made available, surely? We'll have to wait and see I guess! Definitely one to look out for.

To keep your eye on this project as well as find out more about their other projects (some of which also look splendid), check out their official site here.



2 comments:

  1. Now available via steam, pricey though :-(
    Shame it didn't make your megadrive platformers top 5 !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because it's an arcade adventure ;) I have it on my Steam wishlist, I'll get it when it's on sale or something.

      Delete