Friday 26 October 2012

Splendid MegaDrive Music #2

Battle Squadron (1990)

Time for some more splendid MegaDrive music and I've gone for another shmup. This particular shmup, however, is one that's more famous on the Amiga. Being completely impartial of course, I am able to recognise the superiority of the MegaDrive version in most regards, and one of those is its music. Battle Squadron has never been blessed with many tunes but those that do exist are all outstanding. Originally composed by Ron Klaren and later remixed by Robb Hubbard for the MD version, my favourite tune is probably the main in-game theme. Enjoy its splendour thus:

(full Battle Squadron review here)



Special Note: I didn't record this great tune myself, I'm just an admirer, so all credit goes to the original composer

2 comments:

  1. Rob Hubbard, on the Megadrive??!!
    What trickery is this!?!
    I must listen, and quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! Not being a C64 fanboy, I know little of his SID-related wonders but if this MD track is anything to go by... (>_<)

    ReplyDelete