Monday 11 November 2019

PS4 Purchases #7

In typical fashion, I'm almost two years late with this one, for the games featured herein were actually received as Christmas gifts... the year before last! Oops! The fact that I've owned them for nearly as long as my PS4 itself, however, shouldn't be a reflection of the esteem in which I hold them - they are of course both valued and appreciated parts of my collection. Here's a quick look at each of them:

Yonder: The Could Catcher Chronicles by Prideful Sloth (2017)

Like several of my PS4 games, this is one that was originally on my Steam wishlist, but the temptation of a physical copy was too strong. The game itself is a 3D adventure or perhaps an action RPG which ultimately charges you with ridding your land of an ominous shroud known as the Murk, but there are millions of quests that you can undertake too. There are some modern gameplay traits I'm not yet very familiar with, such as crafting, but the game world is a very appealing one filled with amusing animals amongst other things. I spent quite a while playing this during the Christmas break upon which I received it and eventually got stuck thanks to my old-fashioned gaming mind, but I keep meaning to come back to this lovely game. The package itself isn't great though - the case contains a disc and nothing else.

Mighty No. 9 by Comcept / Inti Creates (2016)

Conversely, there are several nice goodies contained within Mighty No. 9's case, namely, an ace inlay card, a poster, and a spiffing art book. The latter in particular is a nice bonus, as they usually are, and it's a great package overall. Whether the game itself can live up to this first impression, though, is debatable. It's a 2D platform-shooter heavily influenced by the Mega Man series so it wasn't too much of a surprise to learn that it was developed by ex-Capcom staffers, at least in part. It was significantly delayed and not particularly well-received (to say the least) when it did arrive though, so I was a little cautious when I finally got around to trying it, but while it's definitely a bit rough around the edges, it's actually not too bad. I still haven't played it that much yet though, so let's see how it unfolds...
 

2 comments:

  1. I've had Yonder on the wishlist for a while now, but don't recall ever yet seeing this on sale.... :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be annoying :( It's pretty cool though - the game world is lovely and the creatures that inhabit it are funny too :)

      Delete