Wednesday 31 January 2024

The Best of X68000 Cover-Art - Part 1

The X68000 has long been a system that has interested me. As well as looking cool, it hosts some great games including some famously-awesome arcade conversions. I would like to cover it more here but, like most Japanese home micros, it's a pain in the arse to emulate and it's certainly not a realistic system to buy. Due to the high cost of the actual system as well as most games for it, and no doubt for numerous other reasons, it's not one that's popular with collectors, at least in this hemisphere. It doesn't seem to get mentioned much at all really, from what I've seen. As a result of all this, not only have I not played many games for it, but I haven't even seen many of the physical games, even online, so I found myself wondering what the cover-art was like for them. After a little effort, I have found some cover scans and have taken it upon myself to choose the most eye-catching ones! Here is the first of what will probably be four posts on the subject...

38 Man Kilo No Kokuu...
Air Combat...

Akumajou Dracula...
Alice No Yakata...

Alshark...
Ambivalenz...

Aquales...
Arcus Odyssey...

Armored Trooper Votoms: Dead Ash...
Asuka 120% Percent BURNING Fest...

Atomic Robokid...
Baruusa No Fukushuu...

Battle Chess...
Be Rain...

Bomberman...
Branmarker...

Cal II...
Can Can Bunny Extra...

Carat...
Cat's Part 1...

Chaos Strikes Back...
Chourensha 68k...

Code-Zero...
Columns...

Cotton...
Cyberblock Metal Orange EX...

Daimakaimura (Ghouls'n Ghosts)...
Death Blade...

Death Bringer...
Detana! Twin Bee...

Die Bahnwelt...
Dino Land...

Dor...
Dragon Knight...

Dragon Knight II...


No comments:

Post a Comment