Thursday 3 January 2019

Happy New Year!

Well, another year has been and gone remarkably quickly, as they so often seem to these days, and if I have any regular visitors left, I'm sure you/they will have noticed that it has been an annoyingly-unproductive one here at Red Parsley. In fact, it has been the least productive year since I've been blogging. Yes, even counting my very first year waaay back in 2010! Wow, I guess that makes this my tenth year...


The arrival of a new year is a time for reflection though, and I have been giving the continuation of this very page a lot of thought since I last had to buy a calendar. To that end, as I've touched on before here in fact, I very much doubt I'll ever return to the 'glory days' where I averaged almost two posts every three days - it's rare if I even post twice in one week these days - and I have accepted this year that RP will never be what I had originally hoped. I simply don't have the time.


One option was to simply retire the site - go out on a (semi) high - but there's still a lot of stuff I want to prattle on about here. So, since hardly anyone visits anymore anyway, I've decided to make it more of a personal journal detailing all the games I've played, films and TV shows I've seen, and books/comics/manga I've read, and anything else that pops into my head while I'm daydreaming at work too!


I will certainly still post full reviews now and then but they won't be the main focus of the site anymore - they are the most time-consuming type of post and hardly anyone sees them anyway. So there should be more activity here over the coming year. Well, hopefully anyway, I'll have to see how it goes, but how much interest it will be to any of you who may pass through, I couldn't really say (cackle!).


Well, anyway, despite the ongoing eventfulness here in RKS Land, the festive season was reasonably satisfactory for me, and saw the arrival of a couple of new game-related items (details in a future post). I hope anyone reading this had a holiday season of equal or greater splendidness, and may I take this opportunity to also wish everyone a very Happy New Year, regardless of your beliefs, interests, or locations. May it be one of prosperity and special magnificence generally! :)
 

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Haha, thanks man! You're one of few these days :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yeah, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that pic :P

      Delete
  3. I feel you man. I've tried a few times to get back in to posting on mine but with working and having two kids now I find it to be rather difficult to find the time and energy to sit down and write anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a pain isn't it? :( I was doing okay through January but now again I haven't posted for two weeks. Grrr!

      Delete