Thursday 29 April 2010

Music #1

Accidental Music Discovery!

My affection for Japan isn't just restricted to their videogame industry. The country has a rich and fascinating history and culture, of course, but I also have a fondness for their food, anime, music, and cinema too, and it is a combination of the last two that led me to discover this piece of music. One of my favourite Japanese movies is Azumi, a story of a group of assassins attempting to kill off warmongering rivals to their leader. Aya Ueto (pictured) plays the best of the assassins and looks right at home kicking everyones's arse (or rather, slicing them up with her sword!), something which belies her petite and dainty nature. After discovering her in this film and its sequel, I discovered that she is also a J-Pop singer. Since then I have been trying to find some of her music, but to no avail. After searching BeeMP3 for one of her songs, the only thing I could find is the song titled 'Aya', below. After listening to it, I think it's safe to say it's not a J-Pop song, and is almost certainly not anything to do with the lovely Aya Ueto either - I've no idea who it's by, where it's from - but it was a pleasant surprise! Now, I'm not usually into this kind of music, but give it a listen and see what you think! In the meantime, my search for Aya Ueto's elusive music continues. Anyone?

aya - Aya - Aya .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

No comments:

Post a Comment